View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
jml

Applying for SS Disability Bens...after ~11 years

Hi my friends~
Have been reading your posts about applying for SSDI benefits, including all the reasons we may have delayed applying - ignorance, fear of the process, not wanting to be categorized as "disabled", not knowing I could still work - and I feel so encouraged.
I have been relying more and more on my family for their financial support as the income I'm able to earn dwindles over the years. I had no idea. I'll be so thankful to take the burden off of my family, even just a little bit.
I've contacted a social worker at my cancer center and even started the online application and while I'm intimidated by the amount of concentration it's going to take to collect all my papers (primarily tax stuff), I'm encouraged and motivated by your experiences.
If anyone has additional thoughts or hints to help me through the process, I'd so appreciate it.
The website says it can take up to 5 mos for approval, though I know many of you have been approved in much less time, my job is to SURVIVE until the process is complete and I'm approved!
Some days I just don't know if I'll even make it, but others, I KNOW I will.

Keeping the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote