View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #23
IrvineFriend

Re: No tests scheduled after chemo is finished.

Thank you to all the women who have come before us, both NED and fighting the battle. You teach us and help us DAILY.

I do worry for many reasons, some of them because of being here and gaining an understanding of being HER2+. If it wasn't here, it would be somewhere else, because I have access to pubmed because of the my field of work.

I know I come here when I'm super tired, and because I like knowing why I feel crappy. Why my nose is bleeding all the time, etc. I have to be told to go home, told to leave work because over 25% are visibly sick and they can't afford me to be sick. I truly don't like to see myself as a cancer patient. I want to go for a long run, cook an amazing meal, drink WAY too much, hike at sunset, etc. I'm not a sit on my butt person. So it's hard to digest the responses of those I truly respect when they say that when I'm done with all this crap, wait until there is something really bad. Just not my nature. I can't imagine it was yours either, but here you are, tell it like it is.

I hope that I don't have symptoms and I'm done for a long time. Unless they come up with another screening technique, I'm pretty satisfied with being happy and moving on as long as I can.

Thank you.

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote