View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
chekmark

Re: No tests scheduled after chemo is finished.

Maybe this is a stupid question but I need to ask. I was also told no scans unless symptomatic and only have a blood draw but what symptoms are we supposed to be looking for. Pain, what? Some days I just feel off, is this a symptom? After all the crap they put in us I don't know what normal feels like anymore. I feel pretty good but if I
have an off day I freak out. Before I was dx'd I kept telling my doctors that I just did not feel right, they would take blood,everything would be fine and blew it off as just getting older then I got cancer and they said I probably had it for years so that is why I most likely felt crappy for so long so if I feel slightly off am I having symptoms? I asked what symptoms I was supposed to be looking for and she said lumps, cough, pain.

I hate scans and all the waiting for the news but piece of mind would help us all enjoy life a little better. Every morning I have slight panic attacks wondering if this could be the day. I try to live my life as if I never had cancer but everyday I hear of someone getting newly dx'd, I see someone with no hair in the grocery store,etc. it's impossible to just move on without concern. Pain where? We have aches and pain everyday and I know if it persists for several weeks its a concern but pain can come and go forever, is this a symptom? i had headaches before when I get them now is it a symptom? I really do not know what I am supposed to be watching for. Call me stupid but it is just not clear to me.
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote