View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation When the mind talks, the body listens...!

WHEN THE MIND TALKS, THE BODY LISTENS
Not one of us caused our cancer. But there are findings that indicate a pattern that we should all be cognizant of. Most of us suspect that surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation are not the total answer to finding the silver bullet. It's a recipe, with multiple disciplines. Supplements, meditation, visualization. I talk to my body. I give it instructions. HEALTHY AND WELL. NO MORE CANCER. Denise has cool voices she uses which seriously amuses me but more importantly -- she is keeping the dialogue going -- consciously directing her body. I applaud her wisdom and creativity.

Please give this a read with an open mind and become aware of the power of the mind and body connection. Your brain and your body don't just coexist. They communicate all day long on multiple levels.

I know that when I was in tx, I would feel all sorts of horrid REAL pains, and my mind would wonder -- is the cancer spreading????? Pain causes much fear, especially in a person w/ca.
But my Inner Voice, not the voice in my head, would assure me that I was in a process of causing the death of my cancerous cells, and there was a light at the end of the tunnel. The fat lady was in the wings, but not ready to sing. She hadn't yet received her cue.

Sure I shuffled when I walked, slept more than a baby, whispered when I talked (it took so much effort!). Took a few small bites and really didn't want anything. I just knew I should. I had to. Sores in my mouth! Metallic flavor in my mouth constantly. Double BLECH!!! Drank my water allllll day. Even though I wasn't thirsty. I had to keep hydrated. My organs (including my skin) demanded this. And my liver was all messed up, so it especially needed some nutrition. I felt pain from the soles of my feet (burning like I'd been walking on hot coals) all the way on up to my bleeding nose (which the doc assured me wasn't my brain's blood). Seemed as if it could be. NO, there is no hole from the brain to the nose. Dried mucous membranes.
I was shaky, wobbly, weak and dizzy. Felt like I had the worst flu in the world for 9 straight months. But I was on the road (albeit barefoot walking on gravel) to getting where I wanted to be... I had fluid around my lungs and around my heart. Both came with the Taxotere and slowly dissipated when I completed my affair with that harsh drug.

But I endured, anyway. I smiled often, even in the chemo room, where I'd become an old familiar face. I would force myself up, once a week with the power of sheer will -- to get my husband out of the house with dear friends. Caregivers need care too I learned. He was so good, so scared, picking up the slack all over the place. So I got showered and dressed, put on makeup, my wig and some earrings, and met friends with my husband for dinner. Okay, so I didn't really eat, or have any wine, but we shared stories and memories and laughed and hugged tight. We went with those we truly love. We felt the love. And Paul would enjoy a night out. My gift to him for all he did for me.

I reported all symptoms to my onc, as is what a wise patient does. I know I wasn't being a bother. I was doing the responsible thing. I would say, I'm not complaining, I just want you to know. That's good, he would tell me. I want to hear. And he'd give me his feedback. That is to be expected, That is common or We should look into that.

I learned to think -- if I feel this horrid, imagine what that freight train of a drug Taxotere is doing to my cancer cells! It's working! And that is both the good news and the bad.

The heartburn that felt like I was maybe having a heart attack, that caused me to undo my bra and collapse into a seat, would go away with 2 Prilosec. 1 pill didn't work. 2 did. (And those were the days that Prilosec was only by prescription and the insurance company would only allow 12 pills with a script.) It was like gold for me.

I made it my business never to cue that fat lady in the wings on to the stage...!!!!!!!! I was in charge. The Master of my Fate, the Captain of my Soul. What "I" said/thought/whispered -- and the behavior I would quite naturally use to coincide with such words/visions/thinking -- would be heard and responded to by my body! I KNEW THIS. I TRUSTED IN THIS.

And I KNEW that when you KNOW something -- that is what comes to be!!!!!!!!
I played an active role (with my team of docs) in resolving my bodily dysfunction aka 4th stage invasive bc. I was in active co-treatment of my body.

NOTE:
Edema means swelling caused by fluid in your body's tissues. It usually occurs in the feet, ankles and legs, but it can involve your entire body.

INFLAMMATION IS THE ROOT CAUSE OF ALL BODILY DYSFUNCTION (Dr. Christiane Northrop). Inflammation causes pain!

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 04-08-2013 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: partial edit for accuracy sake
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote