View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Debbie L.

Re: Friend newly DX Er/pr+,Her2+ less than 1 cm.

Marcia, I think it's probably the same treatment choices regardless (of stage) for most HER2+ cancer, unless she would like to explore clinical trials.

But . . . if she doesn't know nodal status, she doesn't (yet) know what stage the cancer is.

The NCCN guidelines aren't a bad place to begin looking at standard-of-care choices:

http://www.nccn.org/professionals/ph...lines.asp#site

(to go farther than the link above, choosing "breast cancer", requires me to log in, so I stopped at that link. I don't think the internet police will come after you if you say you're a medical professional to get in -- or you could choose "patient guidelines" and see if that's enough information)

Debbie Laxague
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP's B-31 adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin, inducing a severe case of Herceptin-envy): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Raging infection of entire chest after small revision of mastectomy scar after completing tx (significance unknown). Arimidex for two years, stopped after second pathology opinion.
2017: Mild and manageable lymphedema and some cognitive issues.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote