View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #18
'lizbeth

Re: Oh no! Not ice cream, too! Risk of death from bc increases in survivors overind

The dairy issue is in The China Study. I have the book somewhere around the house. It connected increased consumption of milk with higher cancer rates.

I do take feel that our "acceptance" of the current treatments for cancer is part of the problem. As consumers who are voting with our dollars, we need to demand more effective treatments with less toxic side effects.

I look at some of the studies and think, really? Who thought these up? Where is the Kadcyla/TDM1 comparison to a taxane for early breast cancer? Where is the comparison of a combination of Herceptin/Perjeta against a taxane for early breast cancer?

Are there not studies that show exercising at a certain level gives a tremendous benefit in reduction in recurrence.

Why are more women not flocking into vaccine trials for prevention or recurrence?

Are we too accepting of the sacrifice of our quality of life for a longer and miserable quantity?

I think that we all should be asking more questions about cancer treatment and cancer prevention.

I'm bombarded with conflicting studies . . . who can you really believe.

a little frustrated with the current paradigm in cancer treatment and voicing my concerns . . .

I've already omitted the whole milk, and added almond and soy.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote