View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #28
phil

Re: Kadcyla/TDM1 CELEBRATION @ Genentech:)

I have been extra busy past few days , the FDA Commissioner is coming to Cambridge biotech mtg next week , going to praise ' that " new" drug , " kadcyla " . Thinking about a Stage IV Rights rally, ...i may not be able to post as much for a week or two
Anyway , I encourage you strongly to get T DM-1. It has never been portrayed as a "cure ', but i feel it might very well be for some, if not many when it can be given to first dx stage iv. and soon , i hope in combos , like pertuzumab. it has had great stats all along. the folks who work w/ it know it, as do the pts who have gotten it. on the other t dm-1 thread did u see the woman from canada who has had 42 doses ! that's probably over 3 yrs , Lorraine will get 32nd dose this Thurs. 2/12 yrs they are far from alone, many do not post here. many dont know how lucky they are to have it. " my dr sent me to this clinic " from one pt we met in va.
I think Gen. picked tyk/xel because it was newest weapon against her2 at that time , 2010. tyk/xel was already proving to be disappointing. yet previous FDA admin. gave tyk early apr in 2007.
I am for testing, but i am for early appr. for special drugs like t dm-1 . In 1996, That FDA stopped Phase III trial of herceptin . This drug deserved the same tx., and now deserves full appr. in interest of saving thousands more lives. thats the bottom line on a special drug that has been tested for almost 7 full yrs already.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote