View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
mamacze

Re: I've Been Deported! (and re-ported and my liver met updates)

WHAT?!?
UGH, I Take a few days off from the boards and now I see my beloved alter ego in California is back in the saddle fighting off mets when here I am in Connecticut blissfully bragging about you to my oncologist about how long you have been NED!!
I knew your markers were on the rise but I didn't realize your set back was so significant!!
Kim, why did they put you on Taxotere when your mets returned? And why Perjeta? (vs Tdm1 ? ) Or is it the same? Details please!!
Have you had tumor profiling done on your biopsy?
My new nodule in my lungs has shown NO activitiy now between the last two scans and I have NEVER been sensitive to tumor markers; so of course they are of no help to me. I am hanging on with Herceptin only and giving some thought to just excising the one lung nodule.
I am so glad you are OFF the Taxotere now - I am sure it won't take you - the master of Zen and nature's energy - any time at all to get back in the saddle. You go sister - I love your zest for life and your optimistic attitude. YES you will get back to NED. Please stay with us and keep us posted on how the Perjeta works out.
Love and Hugs,
Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote