View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
jml

Re: After 11+ Years My Port is Pooped Out & Update

WooHoo! Sounds like you've got this ship turned around & are heading in the right direction
Taxotere is a tough drug, but it's doing it's job for you and I just hope the SE's have become more tolerable. I'm hoping for the same for me.
I had trouble with my 10yr old port for the first time while I was in the hospital the other week & it really scared me. It was the first time that anyone has had any trouble at all with it & I feared that maybe it was the source of my staph infection & would have to have it removed & replaced. It turns out that all is well and won't have to cross that bridge and am so relieved.
I know so little about changing ports and have become quite comfortable with mine, because it's pretty well hidden as it's placed closer to my shoulder/armpit rather than my chest. Do they have to relocate the port, or can they just replace the old one with a new one in the same spot? Regardless, I hope the procedure goes easily and enjoy that nice, restful sleep during the swap out!
Hope that Pertuzumab is en route to you as we speak. I've had one cycle of the combo and was scheduled for my 2nd last Thursday, but have been granted an extra week off for my body to really recover since that first cycle really knocked me flat on my butt!
My hair started falling out much sooner on Taxotere than on any other of the many treatments I've been on. I guess I can let go of that pipe dream that maybe it won't fall out. Now that it's started and my scalp stings so much I just want it to be over.

So happy for your good news my friend. Keep it coming!

Keep the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote