View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
rhondalea

Re: New Tool - Medivizor

I missed you too, Denise. (But I thought good thoughts in your direction--and in several other directions--even as I engaged in epic battle with Microsoft--and believe me, they were the only good thoughts I was having right about then. Sheesh!)

Medivizor provides information specific to the condition or diagnosis you input. That's the good news. The bad news is that, being still in beta, there gaps in the information flow. For example, I tried to be really specific and chose "HER2-receptor positive breast cancer" as my condition. Medivizor apologized and advised me that it had no information at this time. When I went back in and chose "breast cancer" instead, I was then given the option to input hormone-receptor and HER2-receptor, as well as the specific type of cancer I have.

As time goes on, however, the site will be able to provide filtered information about treatments, trials, self-care--you name it. At present, the information provided is relatively basic (although the quality is high). To some extent, at least part of it is similar to the filtered newsfeeds we receive on this site, but the goal is to make it even more individualized and complete (e.g., the clinical trial information).

Bottom line, for you and me, it's not especially useful at this time, so I'm still stuck reading Science Daily, Medical News Today, Eureka Alerts and so on, etc., ad nauseum (can I stop now?) every single day. On the other hand, if people like us are participating, the site will improve for us and for those who are diagnosed in the future. For newbies, on the other hand, even the current information flow will be useful.

You can also contact Medivizor directly. In the comments to the AnnMarie's blog post, a Medivizor rep responded to my remarks and left his email address for future questions and suggestions.

Hope that helps. I'm not sure how coherent I am right now. I can handle the big stuff but the little bitty stuff just knocks me on my butt. Not logical, but that's what happens. My grandson rolled down the rear window on my car, and it won't go back up. After dropping him off at his dad's, I drove the half hour home with cold air blowing through the car. I was just outside (sans gloves) "installing" a plastic contractor bag (perfect size) with duct tape. My fingers are still tingling, and I want a nap. It's just ridiculous. (And I looked pretty ridiculous struggling with a long strip of duct tape dancing in high wind. Next time I'll get pictures so we all can laugh.)

2/6/09 Core needle biopsy: negative; Mammos through 2010: no change
3/30/11 Pea-sized lump in left breast at site of prior biopsy; mammo negative, sonogram not so much
4/14/11 Core needle biopsy: negative for cancer
5/18/11 Excisional biopsy 1.2 cm tumor, LVI, positive margin; ER+60%,PR+20%,HER2/CEP17 5
6/15/11 BMX: Left DCIS & LH; Right ADH; SNB: 2/3 nodes: 1.4 cm and 1 mm; ALND L1&2: 0/10; Stage IIa, Grade 3
7/14/11 CT/Bone scans NED; MUGA 66%
7/19/11 Biweekly dd AC w/Neulasta; done 8/30/11
9/13/11 Transfusion (Hemoglobin 8.6); MUGA 64%
9/20/11 Start Taxol + Herceptin; Taxol done 12/6/2011; continue Herceptin until 9/4/2012
12/27/11 Radiation - 6 weeks; 2/27/2012 - DONE! Yayyyy!
2/29/12 Start Tamoxifen 20 mg/day; continue until 2/28/17
5/16/12 Start five-years Metformin trial
6/19/12 MUGA 61%
8/21/12 Brain MRI NED (head still hurts, brain still fogged)
9/4/12 Herceptin done!
9/6/12 Port out!
7/11/13 Aricept 5mg for cognitive impairment; increased to 10mg as of 8/23/13; back to 5mg 12/2013
5/2014 Add Namenda 7mg
9/2014 Stop Aricept and Namenda; Neuropsychological evaluation
10/24/14 Start cognitive rehabilitation therapy
rhondalea is offline   Reply With Quote