View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
LoisLane

Re: RECONSTRUCTION warning, wish i knew

Hi Roz sorry to hear about this ongoing pain with your recent reconstruction, I did see your post on breastcancer.org and I was hoping you would be feeling better. I have tossed the idea back and forth for years about reconstruction. I had a consult with Dr. Hofer's office and they said I (definitely) have enough fat from my abdomen for a bilateral diep. I was worried however because one side had been radiated and I thought there could be a problem with that. I also went to an information session at Sunnybrook with Dr. Laura Snell and Dr. Joan Lipa. Another women I know went through the surgery with these docs and she is thrilled. She said the recovery was very difficult. I hope that your situation will get better with time. Cant the docs do anything to fix this? I think at my age (60) I am not sure I will go ahead with reconstruction because apparently it takes about six months for full recovery. I feel terrible that you are having such a difficult time. I am thinking of you and wish you some relief from this very soon. Lois
Her2 negative
lymph nodes negative
venous/lymphatic invasion absent
ER+PR-
Stage I Grade 2
Radiation and Femara

November 2008
Lumpectomy right breast
2 tumours .03 cm and .05 cm and extensive DCIS
.05 tumour Her2+
lymph node negative
venous/lymphatic invasion "indeterminate"