View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #13
CarolineC

Re: perjeta with gemzar?

I'm so happy for your good news! You and I were diagnosed around the same time and I also have a son graduating next year. I recurred in the sternum shortly after my Herceptin protocol was finished and while I was on Tamoxifen. Last year I had more rads, Letrozole for 3 mths, and Docetaxel- the combination brought my TMs down. I saw my onc today and the CEA is rising so he wants to do scans and is talking possibly chemo again.

He didn't want to put me back on Letrozole after my last chemo because he wanted to see if I could go without and save it for later. I told him I wanted a dual blockade and when my TM hit a certain point a few months ago I started the Letrozole. And the TMs went up abit more.I'm scared. I'm hoping it will just take abit more time, but I also plan on doing at least part of Chrisy's detox because my naturopath has pointed out that my liver function tests are high. How are yours?

Has anyone checked your hormone levels or suggested an aromatase inhibitor or a beta blocker-Lani has posted articles on it slowing down mets to the bone and I just read an article yesterday about it slowing lung cancer-maybe it will prove to slow all cancers because of addressing the adrenaline receptor.
4 x AC, 4 x Paclitaxol and H (Neupogen for 7 cycles), Herceptin complete Nov 10
Mar–Apr 2010 25 Rads
Apr 10-Oct 11- Tamoxifen
Oct 11 – 3 cm met to sternum
Oct 11-Letrozole for 3 mths, start Clasteon-bone remodeller
Nov-Dec 11 - Happy 50th Birthday -20 rads to sternum
Jan-April 2012 Taxotere/Herceptin-6 cycles (Neupogen for 5)
Herceptin every 3 weeks-Letrozole added Nov 2012
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote