Thread: New Battle
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #74
ammebarb

Re: New Battle

Good morning, Denise. You are kind to say you wouldn't have laughed at us when we got lost....I felt like the Beverly Hillbillies! Then, the day the plaque was to be removed, our GPS didn't function, probably because of the parking garage and tall buildings. We were only blocks from Wills Eye, and so totally "turned around". My phone finally saved the day..I also realized that even if we were late, they were hardly going to allow a radioactive plaque to remain in my eye!

I think I goofed when I said that Dr. Sato was Univ. of Penn. That's where the genetic testing is being done. Sato is at Jefferson. (That isn't part of Univ. of Penn. is it?) Jefferson is the Kimmell Cancer Center and is right near Wills.....at least we know where we are headed for this appointment.

I will see Shields and Shields, at Wills on April 2 and 5. Recheck on the second and a shot of avastin and possibly laser procedure on the fifth. They only schedule consecutive days for people who are traveling huge distances.

I would love to meet you! If we need a trip during the summer months when you are on break, maybe we could arrange it.

Hugs,
Barb
ammebarb is offline   Reply With Quote