View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
Paula O

Re: My Two Anniversaries on Dec 30th

We had a very nice anniversary. Thanks for the well wishes!

Just to clarify because I don’t want to falsely take credit, that was not my cake posted yesterday. I was playing around when I was offering you a piece of VIRTUAL anniversary cake–it was a sample picture I had handy but was not my cake. Watermelon is out of season right now so it’s pricey and not tasty and I did not even make one yesterday. We did have a lovely surprise of a beautiful edible arrangement arrangement of a fruit bouquet my sister had delivered in celebration yesterday afternoon. (Those pictures not uploaded).

I’ve gotten lots of mileage on the watermelon cake idea over the years–I’ll show you a couple of old pictures below of a few of mine which are not nearly so professional as yesterdays but I’m happy with them and they are scrumptious and healthy. In case you’re interested in making one, if you choose a bigger melon than mine in these shots and go for the middle portion rather than the end, both top and bottom will be flat rather than curved on the sides as these are.

Welp, I see where you can insert an image from the internet but not sure how to attach a picture from my own file here--ah well.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote