View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
KayeR

Re: taxol question #2 - hair loss

Thank you for your replies!

Turtle - I almost cut my hair short when it started falling out in the shower, but I decided to keep it shoulder length and wear it in a pony tail. My part in my hair is the most noticed thinning area, so by pulling it back in a pony tail, I hide the part. I also bought a hair piece to wrap around the pony tail which adds a lot of volume.

Sarah - I had my allergic reaction to taxol on my 3rd infusion. On the next infusion, they loaded me up on steriods and I made out fine. Since then, they have just given me the normal amount of premeds and I've made out fine. Kinda crazy. My nurse blames it on a full moon.

JML - Thanks so much for your response. You are one of my heros, surviving MBC for 10.5 years! I will pray for your positive response to taxotere and no hair loss!

Karen - Yesterday when I took a shower, I shaved my legs and I was still getting hair coming off my legs. Surprised me! I'm hoping that if there is hair still growing on my legs (however slow), maybe before long, I will have hair growing again on my head - even on treatment!
11.5 years later.....mets to lungs. ER and Her 2 positive
8/2011 - Tamoxifen, Zoladex
3/2012 - tamoxifen, Zoladex and Herceptin
6/2012 - scan showed stability and some reduction
9/2012 minus tamoxifen add Femara. (Due to increase of symptoms) Still on Zoladex and Herceptin
10/2012 Adding Perjeta. Continuing with Herceptin and Zoladex
11/2102 Added taxol due to percardial effusion
KayeR is offline   Reply With Quote