View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Debbie L.

Re: Path reports scares me

Hi Linn. I don't have any answers for you, but a few suggestions. It seems unfair to just hand you a path report and then leave you hanging for so long. Is there any way you can get the MD app't moved up to some time before the 7th? I don't know about you, but I do much better with firm information, rather than all-over-the-place mind-wandering.

And the second suggestion, one that I make for almost everyone who has questions, and for some who don't -- is that this seems an excellent time to get a second opinion from a comprehensive cancer center. Often these can be done remotely, by phone or even in some sophisticated places, by remote video. The second opinion may well recommend exactly the same thing your regular oncologist has recommended but that's not a bad thing. A second opinion will help you to go forward with confidence.

Here's a link to a list of comprehensive cancer centers in the US: http://cancercenters.cancer.gov/canc...ters-list.html

Oh, and about the number of nodes, my understanding is that the surgeon removes a clump of nodes so doesn't know exactly what's in the clump. The pathologist goes thru the clump carefully and gets the exact count, and the details of cancer presence (or absence).

Keep us posted, please.
Love,

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote