View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Sandra in GA

Re: Prayers requested

Many, many thanks to all of you. You are the best!

Jill, I know what you mean. I am 4 and 1/2 years out and this just blindsided me. I coulndn't wait until my appointment next summer so I could begin to be free to do some traveling not related to health care. That five year mark was just around the corner. Well, it's not for sure ~ I just have to wait until Friday before I give up all my dreams.

Denise, you are right. They have to confirm it first. Thanks for reminding me that sometimes they can be wrong!

Karen, Nancy, and Jenny, thanks for all those prayers. I can feel them.

Europa, my onc said they are too small to biopsy right now but I really thank you for that info. I will store it in my brain for future reference.

'lizbeth, I cannot find the words to tell you how much you have inspired me. Thank you so much. The PET scan is for positive diagnosis. At first he wanted me to come back in Feb., but you know me. I wanted to know as soon as possible so treatment could begin. So, he ordered a tumor marker blood test and the PET scan. He ordered it for yesterday but that department was swamped and Friday during their lunch was the first appointment they could come up with. I should know something by late Friday. He is to call me that afternoon when they post the results on the computer.

Thank all of you again. I am trying to stay busy with all my Christmas chores that have not been done. I am praying for a Christmas miracle.

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote