View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
Paula O

Re: Got any questions for some cutting-edge researchers?

What a week! Talk about information overload on all my brain cells! We had extra meetings that were required as breast cancer advocates. One morning we all met for breakfast at 6:15 AM and finished a meeting with a drug company at 10:15PM that night with meetings/sessions all in between. I learned alot and met some very interesting people. I sat next to a fellow breast cancer advocate-- a Metavivor Rep on the plane from San Antonio to Dallas--what an amazing woman who is fighting hard to change the direction of where research dollars are going--rightfully pushing for more studies fosussing on issues of metastatic disease, the thing that is killing us breast cancer patients.

Well, I'm sorry that I don't have good feedback on these questions to report back. I printed out all the questions, carried them around with me all week in my rolling laptop case of "stuff" and did catch a few folks one on one to ask but not ones in the know apparently. Perhaps some of the other ladies who also attended have some input on these questions? Please speak up if anyone has feedback on these questions from the symposium or your own research.

I had a couple hours waiting in the San Antonio Airport and chatted with a delightful oncologist from the United Kingdom. After getting her permission to do so I pulled out my list from this thread and asked her all the questions but really didn't get answers. Ie: Mike,I told her about Barb. This dr knows of two patients on TDM-1 but neither had skin mets and she hasn't heard of any feedback on skin mets.

Sorry about that guys--I did try.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote