View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #14
sarah

Re: A cheaper better way to manufacture herceptin, avastin, perjeta, TDM-1...Sheila w

Hello, good that you and Nina have strong scientific brains and can find the best treatment. Hopefully somewhere nearer home will start to offer the same treatment.
If letters to a nearby hospital would help, let me know and I'll send one just let me know how I should phrase it.
Nina's obviously an exceptional woman and you, a loving husband which I think really helps recovery. My husband has been my terrific supporter and when we lived in the US, dealt with the insurance companies and never said a negative word about anything, just asked me what I wanted and got it. It was great because, as a professional women, I thought I could handle it all!!! but after the first call to our excellent (so we thought!) insurance, I was hysterical and crying my eyes out. My husband said, that's the last call you make, I'll take over now, you just get well. In our support group in France we have several single women or women who's partners have left with the diagnosis and it's really hard but luckily no insurance issues to deal with.
Hope you and Nina get to spend a nice Christmas and New Year together.
hugs and love
sarah