View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
CarolineC

Re: Got any questions for some cutting-edge researchers?

Sorry I'm posting this so late; I hope you have a chance to see this before you leave. I'd like to know
- what is the current research on beta blockers and slowing down metastasis
- is there a definite link between breast cancer and diabetes or other auto-immune diseases-my mother had diabetes, my sister had MS and my father had Parkinson's
- are there any clinical trials on oligometastatic breast cancer
- is there truth to the cross-talk concept between ER and HER2 receptors - is Tamoxifen after Herceptin therapy fueling the HER2
-what are the thoughts on if adrenal exhaustion, fatigue, insufficiency is one cause of breast cancer - I have a doctor who went over my medical history when I was first diagnosed and she believed in the years before my diagnosis I had adrenal exhaustion (she mentioned progesterone stealing) and there is some thinking that this can lead to chronic illnesses and cancer; is that why the beta blockers are effective, because they work on the adrenaline receptors
- some research is finding that workplaces can be a factor - what about driving an older model car with exhaust problems - has anyone cross-referenced older model cars (by insurance) and patients who have cancer
- is any research finding that stage IV patients were possibly understaged at initial diagnosis for early stage- is better diagnostic testing in the works

Thanks for your help!
4 x AC, 4 x Paclitaxol and H (Neupogen for 7 cycles), Herceptin complete Nov 10
Mar–Apr 2010 25 Rads
Apr 10-Oct 11- Tamoxifen
Oct 11 – 3 cm met to sternum
Oct 11-Letrozole for 3 mths, start Clasteon-bone remodeller
Nov-Dec 11 - Happy 50th Birthday -20 rads to sternum
Jan-April 2012 Taxotere/Herceptin-6 cycles (Neupogen for 5)
Herceptin every 3 weeks-Letrozole added Nov 2012

Last edited by CarolineC; 11-30-2012 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: adding
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote