View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Paula O

San Antonio NEXT WEEK! OOOps...SOON!

I can hardly believe it's almost December and almost time for the San Antonio Conference! Wooohooo! Let's talk about a time we can all meet up.

These are the people that I am aware of that are attending the San Antonio symposium coming up:

Rhonda (Sassy)
StephN
AliceM
KarenZ
Melissa (Mel3)
Rhondalea
Debbie Laxague
Hosea63 (Amy)
Paula O

Debra D and Chris, I heard that you guys might possibly be attending too--are you guys able to come? Anybody else? Please do speak up if you are attending the conference. There's still time to register.

The schedule sure looks packed with great topics! The evening mentoring sessions also look good. I am attending as a Project Lead scholarship recipient through the Alamo Foundation. There are some extra meetings in connection with that I'll be attending the day before the symposium starts and during the conference. This will be my first time there. As part of the scholarship agreement, we are assigned a "Hot Topic" to attend and need to write up and submit a report. I requested one that is Her2 related if possible but that might not happen which is fine too. Assignments haven't been given out yet.

There is a lunch break from noon to 1:35 on Wednesday that looks free and probably the best time for me. The other possibility is for a quick dinner Tuesday night. There are meetings that day from 4PM to 5:30PM and then there is a Her2 session at 6PM . It might work to leave one meeting early at 4:30 or 5PM and get together till 5:45 and go to that Her2 session together. Any interest in meeting up then or does anyone want to propose another time? ****It's also fine with me to grab a piece of fruit and skip going out for a meal and just find a spot to chat (anybody know of a good place to do that?) . It might be less rushed. I imagine area restaurants will be very busy**** Debbie--you and I have the same itinerary--do you see any other open spots to propose a meetup--am I correct in my understanding that we have nothing else scheduled the times I suggested? There is so much going on I want to be sure I have it right and be where I'm supposed to be.

I imagine that for you guys that will be rotating overseeing the Her2 exhibit booth that that needs to be manned (womaned )continually. Would it be best to just connect there at the exhibit booth so no one is left out or can you all be gone from the booth at the same time? Or would that be inappropriate to have all of us gathered at that booth at the same time chatting when people are stopping by for info?

I'll be having most of my meals at the same time as additional meetings for advocates I'll be attending and have also accepted some invitations from Drug companies that have a meal included with the presentation I'll be attending so free time looks very limited---looks jam backed from breakfast til night. Debbie--are you going to the Drug Co invites too?

Let's talk and make a meetup with everybody coming happen!

I look forward to meeting you guys,

Paula
P.S. To those who have attended in previous years--is there anything you want to share that would be good for someone attending for the first time to know? Have you guys looked into best deal on transportation to your hotel? Please share the link if you have found a good arrangement.
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote