View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #29
karen z

Re: Cannabis and cancer

Three years ago I heard (twice) at SABCS that "the stupidest cancer cell is smarter than a room full of brilliant researchers" and I have never forgotten that line. Since that time I have almost viewed cancer cells (and their morphing ability) as villains in a science fiction movie- that can do almost anything- and often do. That is what scares me when I do get scared. Getting cancer at any age is not fair nor is having a loved one getting cancer. The same is true of many other diseases/situations.
I learned at eight years of age (when my father died of Lupus when no one- not even the great doctors at Cleveland Clinic knew how best to treat him) that life was not fair. I am 61 years old and think of my dad everyday and still cry most weeks. I was older when I lost my mom. She died at the age of 70 and started to develop dementia at age 63 so I lost her "slowly" and pretty early - as these things go. I understand how cheated many of us feel....how I feel. I would give anything (truly anything) to simply see my mom or dad one more time or be able to smile at them or talk to them one more time. Time hasn't really helped me. I learned early on that life dealt me some bad stuff and that is the way it was going to be. My dad was in his mid 30's when he died. After third grade...............I had no dad and I now do not have my mom. I feel (very much) like an orphan with a still broken heart. So, I don't know what to say except that life is often not fair and many of us have had things happen to us (personally and to our love ones) that are close to unbearable. Still, we must try to go on day by day. I honestly do not know what else to do.
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote