View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
sarah

Re: Cannabis and cancer

Jen I can feel your frustration, anger and hurt. Your mom is very lucky to have you out there fighting for her.
I do agree that anything that may help but doesn't bring profit will not be promoted. ~While I hope that big pharma is not jsut looking for "addicts" but hoping to cure, we all know that business is business and ethics and morality are not a given.
Did you see Kim's tumor marker post? would that help your mom?
I know that marijuana/pot has been helpful for pain and if normal things aren't working for your mom, it's a definite possibility. Also it's good for the apetite and generally makes people happy although there are times people can become paranoid. It was a popular drug when I was young. I didn't like smoking so didn't get into it but no one I know who did, got addicted or crazy but I think back then it was much weaker and less expensive - of course now it's distributed by vicious criminals. It would be nice to get it out of their hands and get the taxes from it to use for good uses - like a cure. I've always felt it should be treated like alcohol. Personally I'm a wine drinker myself.

Jen, I send you love and take care of yourself. Find time for yourself.
hugs and love sarah