View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
snolan

Re: EXPANDER PAIN...14 days post op

If it doesn't clear up soon I would recommend going to see a Physical Therapist who specializes it womens issues (ie lymphadema/breast cancer) You may need some soft tissue work to help loosen the area. I had a lot of scar tissue due to having an infection in the left side had to remove the expander and have a different reconstruction. It started to affect my shoulder was getting capsular tighness and my pect muscles where very tight. Our posture tends to change when our chest gets tight we round our shoulders which affects our shoulder machanics. But loosening the area may help reduce the tightness some. But expander on the right always felt tight, had the silicon placed last spring, they feel better but still have that tight feeling. When I flex my chest they move. Kids think its funny.
Suzanne
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote