Thread: Update on Barb
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
MikeF

Re: Update on Barb

Barb was in so much pain yesterday that they werent able to effectively map out the entire radiation treatment area. We left their office around 2:00 right after the CT Scan and we were told to return around 4:30 to begin the process of maping and radiation. When we returned as instucted they werent done with the calculations so we waited a while maybe 1/2 hour. When they put her on the table and started positoning her she wasnt able to comfortably cooperate. They tried several times but gave up at 5:45 and suggested retuning at 12;; today but this time make sure she was heavily medicated, her onco prescribed some pain pills yesterday. I find it amazing how God works when I awoke this morning its as if he spoke to me in a dream and said why are you putting her through so much pain trying to treat everything at once. Concentrate on the mass in her shoulder and we will worry about the mets down the road. So I called the doctors office and suggested just that. When we met the doctor at 12:00 he came into the room and told my wife that he thought that my idea was a good one so they set it up to map and treat the one area and she did well enough to accomplish that. Hopefully now the treatments will reduce the pressure and allow future treatments of the mets.
Radiation to spine
10/23/10StartNavelbine
11/19/10 Port installed
11/22/10 Started 2nd cycle
1/10/11 Finished 2nd cycle
1/24/11 Herceptin Only
3/7/11 progression, start Taxol/Herceptin
4/18/11 Skin mets appear increase treatments to weekly
rash spreads to right breast
7/5/11 enroll in TDM-1 study
7/29/11 randomly assigned Tykerb drop out of trial and start Tykerb /Herceptin no Xeloda skin mets gone Tykerb working
1/31/12 Skin mets return add Xeloda
5/9/12 Stop Tykerb skin mets back
5/17/12 Return to Navelbine/Herceptin
6/26/12 start process for TDM-1 compassionate access
8/28/12 Start TDM-1
10/9/12 third TDM-1 no response yet
10/23/12 Start Haloven
1/17/12 Start Perjeta/ Herceptin/Taxotere
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote