View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
jacqueline1102

Re: Got any questions for some cutting-edge researchers?

Hi Paula,

I have a few questions for the researchers 1) In reference to dense breasts, how many breast cancers have failed to be detected because additional diagnostic tests were not ordered, such as an ultrsound and MRI, and the screening for breast cancer relied strictly on the mammogram for results? (I know this would involve a more retrospective analysis which they may not have any data on but could so earily be obtained)

2) When will the protocol for breast cancer screening become more flexible in terms of ordering ultrasounds and MRI's for those women with dense breasts.

3) There little know about the etiology of inflammatory breast cancer. How common is it for inflammatory breast cancer to present simultaneously with invasive ductal carcinoma and that an actual tumor was discovered but only after surgery. (as inflammatory breast cancer is said to have no lump)

4) What are thoughts of vaccinations for all women and what about those already with stage 4. (If they could discuss information about clinical trials for vaccination studies.)

I hope that all makes sense. Thanks for doing this.

Jackie
5/12-7/12 33 Radiation treatments
8/1/12 Started Perjeta along with the Herceptin
10/12 Scans said NED for first time
5/15 UWSeattle Vaccine Trial 3 months
12/16 Scans still show NED. Herceptin and Perjeta continue indef.
8/17 Taken off Perjeta;staying on Herceptin. Still NEAD.
3/18 Still NEAD
8/19 Now on Subcutaneous Herceptin
10/21 Remain on Subcutaneous Herceptin (Hylecta)
11/21 CT showed possible lung mets. Was told to wait and see until scan
1/22 CT shows continued growth
03/22 Lung Biopsy said sample was too small but nodules keep growing and IR is convinced that it is indeed cancer
04/22 Oncologist referred for consult for a transbronchial biopsy. This does not sound pleasant
jacqueline1102 is offline   Reply With Quote