View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
Pray

Re: I'm helplessly Drowning in a Sea of Pink

Hi Jen, I remember hating the PINK also. When I first saw my surg. onc. He gave me a small gray box with a pretty pink ribbon on it and I thought how sweet. I was feeling a slight better when I got into the car and opened it and it was a dainty silver bracelet of hearts and Pink bows I through it across the van and yelled who the heck wants that. I was so up set. Then I started to get a flood of pink the more people knew. Scarfs, blankets, t-shirts, necklaces, mugs, anything you could imagine with a pink bow on it. I thought why would anyone want to be the next poster girl for breast cancer? I struggled for a long time until I met your mother (Sheila, What a God send to me!). At the time your Mom was suffering with her radiation txs and I actually thought hmm, I could help her and I started pm her and chatted many times. She said she would like to try the vigilon gel pads I had and so I sent them to her. She sent a return package to me and the first thing I pulled out was a big black bumper sticker which said in large PINK letters was CANCER SUCKS! I started to laugh and cry out loud and I started to get it, That is what I wanted, everyone to know that CANCER SUCKS. The whole time it felt like I was getting gifts for something so awful I wanted them to where it! The truth is that dreaded pink is utimatlly saving lives. its not just one company but a great many. A woman in our city used that pink ribbon to get donations for her treatment she couldn't afford and it saved her life. That sea of pink really shows just how big this awful deseas is. Needless to say I thought I was the one that thought she was helping some one, It was really your mom who helped me! After that I was able to focus on more important things God, life, my husband family kids, helping others on this site. Hope and prayers spring eternal. Peace Jen.

Your friend,

Nancy
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote