View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
Laurel

Re: I'm helplessly Drowning in a Sea of Pink

Jen,

What you are feeling is completely just. Damn it all, YOUR mother is an exceptionally amazing and good person. Why exactly!

The answer is that I do not know why. Your mother is so loved here. How can we lose her? Knowing your tough mom, maybe we won't! Regardless, God has a plan and truthfully heaven will rejoice when (and if) you mother arrives soon. Death is an absolute, whether sooner or later it comes to us all. This is a law of the universe that is unchangeable. For the person who passes into the next life it is not at all terrible, but rather lovely and so beautiful. It is us here on this earth who face the terrible consequence of their loss. A void in our lives is created and no one fills it as they did.

I can offer nothing to ease your pain, except to say that sometimes the anticipation of the forthcoming event is worse than the actual event. When your mother suffers no more you will find your peace. Life will go on as your mom would expect and want. Bless you for your honesty and courage. Helping someone pass to their next existence is tough, but you can do it. How do I know? You are made of tough stuff like your mom.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote