View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
jacqueline1102

Re: Any info on Perjeta?

I am currently on this protocol having just had my 4th infusion this past Wednesday. So far so good. The only side effect has been mild diarrhea for about 3-4 days afterwards. I continue to be active; family and friends, working out at the gym, and working full-time. Liver spot a year ago was 4.6 cm and is now down to .6 mm. The perjeta addition took the spot from .9 x .7 down to .6 mm. We shall see. Stable is a good thing. I was told that I was the second person in the treatment center to receive this drug. I think all in health care are curious to see how we all respond. Herceptin has caused some joint pain. Drink LOTS of water the day of the infusion and afterwards. I think doing something active like swimming or walking helps as well afterwards. Stay away from the spicy foods for a few days afterwards because your tummy may grumble. Good luck.
5/12-7/12 33 Radiation treatments
8/1/12 Started Perjeta along with the Herceptin
10/12 Scans said NED for first time
5/15 UWSeattle Vaccine Trial 3 months
12/16 Scans still show NED. Herceptin and Perjeta continue indef.
8/17 Taken off Perjeta;staying on Herceptin. Still NEAD.
3/18 Still NEAD
8/19 Now on Subcutaneous Herceptin
10/21 Remain on Subcutaneous Herceptin (Hylecta)
11/21 CT showed possible lung mets. Was told to wait and see until scan
1/22 CT shows continued growth
03/22 Lung Biopsy said sample was too small but nodules keep growing and IR is convinced that it is indeed cancer
04/22 Oncologist referred for consult for a transbronchial biopsy. This does not sound pleasant
jacqueline1102 is offline   Reply With Quote