Thread: Update on Barb
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #9
MikeF

Re: Update on Barb

Paula thanks for the kind words we apprecite all the prayers from Barbs HER2 sisters. I really need to update the profile picture. The beautiful children on Barbs lap are our Grandchildren Gabe is the oldest he's 6 and Will is 4. Those two are what keeps Barb going we cant get enough of them, luckily they live locally so thats not much of a problem. Although we occasionally worry that they are bringing in things that may be harmfull to Barb, colds and flu things like that. On another note last night was an interesting evening when I got home from work Barb was running a high grade fever 103.5 and had developed a cough. Its so hard seperating what may be side effects of the TDM-1 and what may be something more , she just had her second infusion Tuesday. We called her doctors office answering service and when the nurse called back she suggested taking her to the emergency room. After a cat scan of her chest and a chest X-ray they called it a very slight touch of Pneumonia and pleural effusion. They prescribed an antibiotic and sent us on our way. Now if we can just get my insurance to recognize that the pneumonia wasnt caused by the TDM-1 we will be OK. They have already told us they wont pay for the experimental and if Barb develops any complications that they could blame on TDM-1 they wont pay for those either. AS IF LIFE ISNT COMPLICATED ENOUGH. There I feel better now that I have that off my chest. Seriously we are wholeheartedly trusting our GOD to have HIS way in this and give him all the glory regardless of the outcome.
Radiation to spine
10/23/10StartNavelbine
11/19/10 Port installed
11/22/10 Started 2nd cycle
1/10/11 Finished 2nd cycle
1/24/11 Herceptin Only
3/7/11 progression, start Taxol/Herceptin
4/18/11 Skin mets appear increase treatments to weekly
rash spreads to right breast
7/5/11 enroll in TDM-1 study
7/29/11 randomly assigned Tykerb drop out of trial and start Tykerb /Herceptin no Xeloda skin mets gone Tykerb working
1/31/12 Skin mets return add Xeloda
5/9/12 Stop Tykerb skin mets back
5/17/12 Return to Navelbine/Herceptin
6/26/12 start process for TDM-1 compassionate access
8/28/12 Start TDM-1
10/9/12 third TDM-1 no response yet
10/23/12 Start Haloven
1/17/12 Start Perjeta/ Herceptin/Taxotere
MikeF is offline   Reply With Quote