Thread: Good news
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Lien

Re: Good news

Hi Alaska Angel,

Good to hear you are fine as well. I have some fibrosis in the radiated breast, but not too much. My only issue is that after 5 years of ovarian suppression, my periods came back. They seem to be petering out a bit, but still pop up at 3 month intervals. Irritating. These hormones also seem to cause or aggravate cysts, which is a bit worrysome.

Discussed this with my doc, and he said that at 53 I should be postmenopausal before too long. We also talked about MRI's but he said there are a lot of false positives with that, especially with the cysts. I could end up with more x-rays which we both think is not what we are aiming for. So annual mammo with ultrasound it is for me. If I"m not postmenopausal next year, I will discuss removig my ovaries after all. This might lead to a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, but hey, you gotta take some risks in life.

Hope you stick around without a recurrance for decades to come.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote