Thread: Good news
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
AlaskaAngel

Smile Re: Good news

Happy to hear the good news, Jacqueline, and looking forward to many more years of the same for you!

I did my checkup and imaging this past month too (at 10 years out from diagnosis). All clear, with marker of 10, and mammo and ultrasound. I will be having an echo in November to see where things are in terms of my heart, due to the Adriamycin.

I never did any AI, and my DEXA is well above the normal range for women my age.

The IMRT rads resulted in significant radiation fibrosis that has hardened basically into a painful mound of gristle in the breast that is gradually tightening more and more over the years and is pulling on my shoulder, and the the elbow tries to compensate for that, so I have lost a great deal of the strength in that shoulder and arm, which are painful, but still usable for lesser tasks.

One interesting recommendation I received from my breast surgeon is to change from yearly mammo only to adding in a breast MRI every year 6 months after the mammo, due to the extensive family history I have of bc. Otherwise, weight management continues to be the only other recommendation for me.

What are you doing to celebrate?

AlaskaAngel
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote