Thread: update on me
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 AM   #16
Laurel

Re: update on me

Pam,

I am so sorry to learn of your latest struggles. It all sounds so overwhelming and unfair to be have to contend with MRSA (!) on top of everything else! Now you are facing the additional stress of trying to adjust to a life of less mobility and more dependence, something that is hard for everyone, but especially difficult for a strong willed warrior gal like you.

Years ago I read about how Corrie Ten Boom, the Dutch Holocaust survivor, hid so may Jews escaping Nazi tyranny only to sacrifice herself and her family in the concentration camps upon capture. He elderly father and beloved sister, her entire immediate family, perished in the camps. Corrie survived to tell her story in the books, The Hiding Place, which became a movie, and Tramp For The Lord. She was a vivacious woman who traveled the world telling her story until one day she was stricken with a stroke and left completely paralyzed....silenced. Her assistant recalled Corrie having shared with her that God had told Corrie of her exact date and time of death, which she recorded. That time was years away. How could this busy woman who loved to sing and talk live a life of quiet solitude? Her assistant watched as Corrie, whose mind remained fully intact, spent her last years in quiet prayer and submission to her Lord. She died at the appointed hour and day just as she had shared all those years before.

I have no idea what purpose lay in Corrie Ten Boon's forced "stillness" or whether there ever is a "silver lining" to suffering. I do know that God loves you, Pam, and you are loved and cherished by all of us here at Her2Support.

Praying for TDM1!

Laurel

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote