View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Paula O

Re: One woman's account of her hair loss post chemo

Dear Rejoyce,

I feel for you in your loss of your hair these two years. While I was going through chemo , I heard about a couple ladies who, like you, also never got their hair back after Taxotere. I think that would be hard.

The loss of my left breast and 11 handy-dandy lymph nodes, the loss of hair and strength: I never really appreciated these gifts until they were gone. I wish it wasn't neccessary for us to do the things we've had to do and yet we traded those losses of parts of our bodies for something much better: more time alive, hopefully more fully alive than ever.

I wonder what other people's hair is like who have had hair re-growth after chemo. Mine is a completely different texture and color than it was before chemo. I am loaded with soft-like-a baby's curls now which I didn't have before and am enjoying for however long it lasts. I've heard that sometimes a couple haircuts and the chemo-permed curls are gone. Anybody else care to share their experience? Did the hair changes stay or were they transient? For those who went through chemo more than once, did it come back the same or different each time? Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote