View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
sarah

Re: It's national dog day

Cats rule, dogs worship! I think dogs and cats should be allowed in certain areas of all hospitals, rehabilition, retirement, orphanages etc because it has been shown that a person's stress level decreases when stroking an animal and they give so much unselfish love.
Bonnie I think it's great that you take Porter as a therapy dog to homes. This is great to read about. We have a friend and neighbor who works for a charity training dogs for the handicapped = I must admit that his Labradoodle is the smartest, sweetest dog I've ever looked after, sorry Tania - you've got the looks and the sweetness but...100 commands!!!
Everyone should have an animal = they would be so much happier and less depressed and particularly children to give them someone to look after and adore them!!! I couldn't imagine not having a dog or cat. I tend to dogs more because I like to go on walks but all animals are great - horses, donkeys, elephants!, etc Also dogs are more open to staying with other people or traveling.
Only warning to beginners, adopt an older animal not a puppy or kitten only because they can be ramunctious and destroy things!! especially shoes! I feel I've reached an age that even my husband and I, pros at dogs and cats, would only consider slightly older animals.
Stay well
Woof and meoew!
Sarah