View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
shelleyd

Re: vaccine results may not be as straight-forward as thought--a bit disconcerting!

Hi Lani, I think I can clear this up. I am an actual participant in this trial for the DCIS pulsed DC vaccine for DCIS/Her2/neu+you are mentioning. When the trial began all patients with DCIS and Her2+ were eligible. After Phase I the data started to indicate that patients who were Er receptor negative had ZERO recurrences while the patients who were Er receptor positive had three recurrences. So the trial was ammended and now the Er receptor positive group have been getting Tamoxifin during the trial. The first two who were done this way had complete pathological responses and it is hoped they will achieve the same great lasting immunity that the Er receptor neg Her2 positive group has. The PI is Dr. Brian Czerniecki and these results were published in the Journal of Immunology and Cancer this January. The trial is soon to be Phase III in mulitple sites. His next vaccine with be a multi valent targeting Her1,2,3 and 4 and he expects it to be effective against ALL SOLID TUMORS, both therapeutic and preventative. Check out my website www.shelleydodt.com and Penniesinaction.org.
shelleyd is offline   Reply With Quote