View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
barbiecorn

Smile Re: HER2+ and no Herceptin Treatment

I too am 66 years old. It is too late for me now to get Herceptin anyway but God forbid, if it comes back I will have to deal with it then. I spoke to two women in England who did not get Herceptin and are ten years out with no recurrence. You just don't know. I felt as though what should I do, get a heart attack and die from Herceptin or take my chances. It is an individual decision. One that I may regret at some point but I hope not. Thank you for responding. I never heard of the test you mentioned but I know I have to get an oncologist to monitor me so I will be seeking one out soon. My alt. M.D. suggested this and she is giving me some sort of blood test for cancer (not sure what that is) but I know I need more. Just don't want to do anything like pet scan as that is radiation too. Don't know what test would be safe to do to monitor. My breast surgeon said there really isn't any test that is very accurate except pain but by then, it might be too late. I am not happy with doctors in general. Good Luck and thank you and stay well.. Barbie
barbiecorn is offline   Reply With Quote