View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 05:30 AM   #19
imdavidson

Re: Drug for chemo brain

Rhondalea, I didn't know about the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database or Natural Standard so thank you for that and for the brands of supplements you use. I also appreciated your kind words about our book, thank you.

Andi, thanks to you as well for the supplement info and for describing what you list on that 5x7 piece of paper. Really helpful! I've been keeping a large spiral notebook on my desk for years where I write EVERYTHING down: notes from phone calls, appointment info, etc. Some of that gets transferred to my calendar but it all starts in the notebook. I used to write notes on little scraps of paper which ended up making me crazy. Now, even if the info isn't all that organized, at least I know it's all in the notebook somewhere which never leaves my desk and I can generally find things chronologically. I like your idea too and may incorporate it.

BTW, I laughed when I read your description of showing up to the restaurant a week early (been there, done that) and what a sweet story about your mom.

CoolBreeze, I interviewed dozens of patients and former patients while researching our book on chemo brain and I can tell you that difficulty with word retrieval was one of the symptoms people talked about most (along with slower processing speed, problems with making decisions, etc.). I went through it myself (although better now).

And good luck with your supplements, KsGal. Loved reading the other posts too about humor. I think laughing really helps.

Best to everyone.
Co-author (with Dr. Dan Silverman at UCLA) of "Your Brain After Chemo: A Practical Guide to Lifting the Fog and Getting Back Your Focus" (Da Capo Lifelong Books, 2009). Amazon. www.YourBrainAfterChemo.com.

ER/PR negative/HER-2 positive
imdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote