View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #35
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation Re: THIS IS MY NOW time...!!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT THOUGHTS TO SHARE. I so want to offer inspiration to those struggling. I always felt during my toughest years on chemo, dealing with the angst that comes with the journey, that I was on a path. That I saw the end result -- my living and surviving it all -- and I just had to do what I had to do to get there.

I used the power of my thoughts. They are energy. They are sensed, and responded to, by others, by our bodies and by the Universe!!!

That is about the hugest Life Lesson I discovered.

Our bodies hear EVERYTHING we think, say or whisper. And they respond accordingly. They have no sense of humor, so thoughts like -- This is killing me -- are verboten. We need to troll our thoughts consistently, as we sometimes mindlessly mentally babble, you know? So we must take charge and consciously realize what we are focusing our minds on. It's so important.

WHAT WE THINK E X P A N D S. The power of the energy of thoughts is mighty. Once we fully realize that, we become unbelievably EMPOWERED. Able to control our destiny. Blessed to become the Captain of our Soul, the Master of our Fate!

It is hard, once diagnosed with cancer, not to think all day, Oh, my God! I have cancer. I could die. To be realistic, I have to face that. BUT -- WE NEED TO GET A HOLD OF OURSELVES. SHAKE OURSELVES. Understand that those kind of thoughts are -- dangerous to our healthy and well-being.

I learned, almost immediately, to live AS IF. I K N E W that I would live! My Spirit told me this on the day before my mastectomy. After a week of mammogram, sonogram, breast surgeon, oncologists, tests of every previously unknown kind checking my body from my toes to the tip of my head, pre-op tests (including stress tests, EKG, MUGA, blood blood and more blood) and my head racing in every direction -- I K N E W not to call the funeral home just yet. I had a smile on my face, blood pressure 120 over 80. I felt joyful and serene. KNOWING I would have to navigate rough waters but in the end -- the heroine lives...

I K N E W I wanted to live. And I K N E W THAT I FULLY INTENDED to live. I didn't know yet that our clear Intentions and our EXPECTATIONS are key to success. Now I include them in my thoughts, and mantras, daily. HEALTHY AND WELL. When I have an issue -- I instruct my body to HEAL. We have the power to heal ourselves. Honest, we do.

If you listen to Olympic stars or anyone who has just accomplished something astounding there is a common thread. They all say -- I K N E W I was going to... And if you listen to those who fail, they too commonly say -- I just K N E W that I wouldn't...

So when I say -- KNOW that you are going to achieve your goals, Own it and make it real -- there's a whole lot of positive passionate energy in KNOWING a thing!!! Don't ever forget that... Hold on to it. Tight.

I envision myself far, far, far into the future. At graduations and such. Specifically. In vivid detail. That too sends a message, to my body, and to the Universe. Both respond -- in kind.

So make absolutely certain that your thoughts, what you concentrate on all day, isn't merely reasonable (reflecting statistics, past experience, seeing others lose their battles and feeling crushed by that). The thinking of others can doom you once you take it on as your own. YOU have the power to compose the dialogue that will play out in your head!! KNOW it is being heard by your body and by the Universe itself. And, that it will be responded to IN KIND. Claim your chosen dream!

Stop being reasonable.

Reach for the previously thought unimaginable.

Yes, you will falter. Get back up anyway.

Yes, you can do it! See it, feel it, own it.

Make it real!

Listen to your Inner Voice.

It is your Spirit, your sacred Soul, guiding you.

Remember -- when you are passionate,

life is electrifying.

So adamantly refuse to renounce

your battle for your dreams.

Stay in The Now, full of love, giving and gratitude.

You must vow not to let

the noise of others’ thinking doom you.

KNOW a thing with all your heart and let it be.

Burst forward with focused fire;

Create impossibilities…

With Grace and Love and thoughts of so many
of you on this site, as always, Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 07-01-2012 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Change title to IMPORTANT THOUGHTS TO SHARE
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote