View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #24
jml

Re: OMG -Panic! Missed insurance premium...now coverage terminated!

No resolution yet...The 3 months of premiums is still sitting in my account despite sending them the requested form to authorize them to debit my account as of Monday. I immediately followed up my email, but there was a short delay in the when lady assisting me received it.
I just got an email from her inquiring about the dates I was out of town and also offered to provide her with the credit union statement that showed the date the deposit was made, the hold on the deposit and the 10 days later when it was finally released.
It's pretty ridiculous, right now they're sitting on a small $230 deposit that I made on 5/18 until 5/30.
I guess if I had a pile of money in a seperate account to cover all kinds of overdrafts this would have never happened, but I'm on very limited income and a embarassed to say often live hand to mouth, holding my breath each month that I've worked enough to make enough money to cover my bills.
I hate this disease for this reason, not only is my health compromised and my medical bills (I call them "Living Expenses")are exorbitant, but my livelihood and ability to support my self is always a struggle.
My family helps me, a lot, but I just wish I could help myself. Who would I have become if this disease had not stolen so much?

Feeling sad today, but trying to keep the faith~

Jml

I just contacted the insurance commissioner and they suggested
I start a complaint, but I'm not sure I want to initiate that until I
get a response from the insurance lady who's been helping me.
thoughts?

Last edited by jml; 05-25-2012 at 06:02 AM.. Reason: typos
jml is offline   Reply With Quote