Thread: restless legs
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #16
rhondalea

Re: restless legs

Ha, ha. Now I'm laughing.

Got to thinking about how my husband twitches and jumps as he drifts off every night (thereby maintaining my own state of wakefulness--some nights it's so bad, I exit the bed for the comfy couch). I've been feeding him magnesium (and a few other supplements), but although I can hand him horse pills, I can't make him swallow.

So yesterday, I bought some bars of Ivory. Last night, he got into bed to read, and a little bit later, I walked in and puttered a bit before climbing in beside him. He said to me, "I have a question." I looked at him attentively. He said, "WHY was there a bar of Ivory soap...?"

He'd removed it.

My attentive look became dagger-like. I said, "Put it back."

We then had a brief, but animated, discussion about the merits--he told me in no uncertain terms that I'm a total nut job. In spite of his shocking lack of respect, however, he's generally willing to do whatever makes me happy (well, except for taking the supplements, but he has to chew them so I suppose it's understandable), so the soap returned to its resting spot without further ado.

In the absence of a scientific explanation for how it works, I was relying heavily on the placebo effect. Given his reaction--amused and indulgent, but totally disbelieving--I did not have high hopes.

He didn't twitch even once last night. He woke rested and refreshed.

Amazing stuff.
rhondalea is offline   Reply With Quote