View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #18
phil

Re: Treatment Question

I am not a doc, but I do have a lot of xperience from the caregiver perspective. my first wife had bc, 20 yrs ago, probably her2 , no dx for it at the time. We talkd our way into a trial way back then . She passed away in 92. I have seen alot of progress, especially in last 10 yrs or so.
But I am going to be honest, you can tell that I have questions about the tx plan, your wife was dx Stage IV last yr, but went w/o a scan since Oct. I dont have the whole post in front of me, w/ the hx., . she hasnt had ascan even now , in late April ? I think most experienced metatstatic her2 docs woyuld have had your wife on herc. since re-occurence, and would automatically do scans 3 months apart. You shouldnt even have to be asking ! I think 3 month scans should be in place for at least ayr after re-occurence , automatic. Maybe longer . Risks from cumulative radiation pales in comparison to risks from not making informed, quick tx decisions now. Again , tyk/ xel is a good tx, go w/ it for now , but this doc ...
phil is offline   Reply With Quote