View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Rolepaul

Re: complete response of leptomeningeal her2+ bc to intrathecal herceptin (case repor

I posted as a guest about a month ago. My wife is still having the IT Herceptin and topotecan. She also is receiving IV Herceptin and Navelbine. She needs neupogen to get her White blood count up the two days following the Navelbine. In otherwords, she says she feels like she had a fight with a cactus. The results are continuing to improve. None of the spine spots are active, nor are the brain spots that were there previously. It looks real good for right now so the drug frequency is being backed off to once per weeke topo and once per two weeks Navelbine. The insurance agency will pay for the intravenous Herceptin, but they called the intrathecal herceptin experimental. After negotiating (mafia style by me), the decision was made to pay for both methods of administration which meant that I was not out $25K so far. The goal is to get to once per four weeks of IT and IV of Herceptin on the same day with the IV being TDM-1 Herceptin (perhaps Navelbine and Herceptin). Nina is walking five miles per day, playing cards, will go to yoga this week (port installation required a three week stoppage), driving, etc. She looks good, although her posterior has lost fat and muscle from the radiation. She is getting Massage and will start acupuncture for the pain

Let's hope this was the secret to treatment for many others.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote