View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #15
Firework

Re: Does cancer treatment age you?

The treatment following the cancer has taken my sexy away.......I've lost my waist and for the first time in my life have belly fat.Have gained up to 15 pounds since treatment, have brought it down to 10 lbs over my usual. I went into an early menopause, (36) so it shouldn't just be the addition of Arimidex. The bone/joint pain with Nuelasta was terrible for me, unfortunately I have joint pain from Arimidex. I'm turning 50 and have been pretty dry for a number of years..aagh. All in all I would say cancer has doubled my aging years.
On the upside......my sexy is in my head so that can come back with an attitude and perception adjustment.
I'll keep exercising....water aerobics, walking, free weights so at least my new jiggle has to compete with stronger muscle mass.
And for the dryness......has anyone ever tried motor oil?!!!!!!