View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
fullofbeans

bad news again..

After waiting an extra 6 weeks from planned they finally scanned me today in view of operating on the left side (lung) this time..

Unfortunately there are more than 20 news mets and even a new met on the right side (which has been operated on) I saw the surgeon in the afternoon and he was reviewing the scan in front of me so I know it is right.. One of the tumour went from 0.5 to 2cm as an example of the growth we are dealing with.

So we will not be operating.. at least I will not be going through this painful op again. the number of mets had been stable this last year which is why we took the chance to operates.. I am still in quite a lot of pain from it and somewhat not improving..I am getting out of breath easily and was putting it down to recovering but it may not be that now it seems.

Seeing my oncologist on Friday. I read about post here like the one by jml and I simply do not know how they can cope and still sound great. Perhaps living alone with my dog and not having the support of a family does not help. I was planning a trip borrowing a camper van from a friend and was going to go with my dog round Europe (visit people and having friends joining me for bits) for after the 2nd op to have something nice to look forward and plan whilst recovering .. I really want to do that trip.. Looking at the TDM1 trials now that more are opening. Maybe that may buy me some time so I can still do it, I may have to be less enthusiastic in case I get worse during it.. F***ing cancer!

35 y/o
June 06: BC stage I
Grade 3; ER/PR neg
Her-2+++; lumpectomies

Aug 06: Stage IV
liver mets: 6 tumours
July 06 to Jan 07: 2*FEC+6*Taxotere; 3*TACE; LITT
March 07- Sept 07: Vaccination trial (phase 2, peptide based) at the UW (Seattle).
Herceptin since 2006
NED til Oct 09
Recurrence Oct 2009: to internal mammary gland since October 2009 missed on Oct and March 2010 scan.. palpable nodes in May 2010 when I realised..
Nov 2011:7 mets to lungs progressing fast failed hercp/tykerb/xeloda combo..

superior vena cava blocked: stent but face remains puffy

April 2012: Teresa Trial, randomised to TDM1
Nov 2012 progressing on TDM1
Dec 2012 blockage of my airways by tumours, obliteration of these blocking tumours breathing better but hoping for more- at mo too many tumours to count in the lungs and nodes.

Dec 2012 Starting new trial S-222611 phase 1b dual egfr her2+ inhibitor.

'Under no circumstances should you lose hope..' Dalai Lama
fullofbeans is offline   Reply With Quote