View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
Debra

Re: How about Aromasin

I did not tolerate tamoxifen or arimidex very well. When I switched to aromasin, it was magical (for lack of a better term)! I had absolutely no joint pain. I tolerated this med for four more years, making that a total of my required 5 years and just had five year check up in November and went off meds. I also have to tell you that before I switched to aromasin, I started to excercise because I was advised this greatly reduces some of the joint pain. As bad as it felt at the time, this was great advice. Exercise really does help with some of the pain. Then, when going off arimidex and starting aromasin, the pain completely subsided and I was able to exercise even more effectively. Made a world of difference in my everyday life!
Maybe this isn't the case for everyone butmaybe aromasin is worth a try for you. It is an AI so not sure why one would be advised and not the other!

Diag. 11/05 at age 40 triple positive
3.8 cm tumor and 9 mm tumor
Stage IIb/SN positive(no other nodes)Grade 3
Bilat. mastect. 12/05 (Rt.prophylactic) followed with AC/taxol/Herceptin/tamoxifen then switched to arimidex after hysterectomy in 12/06. August 07 switched to Aromasin due to severe jt. pain from Arimidex. Nov. 2011 No more meds and NED!
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote