View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Laurel

Re: Courtneys latest Caringbridge message

Jay's update today on Courtney's progress.....it's GOOD NEWS!

"Courtney is improving. I quote our doctors visits on Wednesday and Thursday who note that "the latest chemo is definitely working" and that the her disease is "much better." Courtney's taking half as many pain meds as she was around Christmas, and is making great progress.

We have a long road to full recovery, however. Those of you who have visited us over the past few weeks noticed that Courtney is really fatigued from the radiation (which ended last Wednesday), and very wobbly due to all the drugs. We expect a few more weeks of fatigue and then things should slowly improve. But what keeps us going through this hard period if knowing that it IS working - this week, we finally received some good news that we are on the right path.

I didn't want another day to go by without letting you all know of our good news. And... I wanted everyone to know about the incredible role that you all play in this supporting Courtney and me. In the past 1 week , we've received dozens of letters/cards, about 6 flower delivers, 5 meals (either cooked or us or dropped off at our house), 4 pints of ice cream, about 24 visitors, several warm items of clothing, 1 bottle of scotch (for me, obviously), and so much assorted help and support that I'm failing to remember everything. But it's working. "

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote