Thread: Crossroads
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #21
Lori R

Re: Crossroads

I was going to tally the responses for keeping working vs quit. But I was too lazy. You get the drift.

I vote for don't quit. I am amazed at what you have been through in a very short amount of time. It is no surprise that you would be at the end of your rope and looking for a bit of respite.

I am certain that you are on the road to recovery and with each passing day that you are able to eat and regain your energy that the thought of work won't be so daunting.

But...when you do return to work, you must be a little selfish. You must put yourself first. Although it will be tempting to remain everyone's go-to gal, I would advise scaling back a bit. That approach has enabled me to work through 4.5 years of Stage IV treatments. At times I do feel a guilty that I am not my old self giving what felt like 110%. But....giving 85% - 90% has made a huge difference to my family. I have great insurance, still bring home a paycheck and am contributing to my daughter's college.

Of course, everyone's situation is different and I have been blessed with minimal side effects that I can manage. (world class napper on the weekends) So, I certainly don't mean that this will work for everyone. Just offering up encouragement that it has worked for at least 1 Stage IV liver mets gal.

Sending some napping energy your way....Lori
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote