View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #13
Lien

Re: Update from me - C-Diff Colitis

That was an awful, awful experience! I'm so glad you survived.

As I had a similar infection when I was travelling in South East Asia, all the memories came rushing back.

There are a few things you may not know, that could help you feel better. Sometimes after these awful infections, people develop allergies/food intolerances. If you keep feeling tired, shaky, headachy, bloated etc.it could be food sensitivity. Try eliminating some high risk foods and see if you feel better. It might be a good idea to ask a good nutritionist to help you sorting this out.

If your good gut bacteria are depleted, you may have developed a Candida infection. The bladder infection may be an indication of that. You may want to discuss taking an antifungal like diflucan for systemic candida. It worked well for me.

Your bladder infections may be helped with lots of unsweetened cranberry juice (no preservatives) and taking some vit C may keep the bladder acidic, which candida doesn't like. That worked for me as well.

I did a low carb diet for three months, because candida feeds on carbs. That brought a huge improvement for me.

If you don't like kefir, you may consider acidophilus milk. Some prefer that. I don't know whether that's available to you or not.

I'm not saying that you should do all these things, just suggesting you research them and ask your doctor about them. Maybe even get a second opinion. And I'll like you just as much if you think this is all BS and happily ignore me. I just didn't want you to run the risk of suffering these symptoms for years before finding a way to deal with them, so I mentioned my experience. If I stick to my diet I can live a normal life and feel quite healthy. If I cheat, even without being aware of it, I feel awful.

Hope all this is totally superfluous and that you heal without all this hassle and feel much better soon!

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote