Thread: Old Threads
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
Laurel

Re: Old Threads

I think, Pink, these old threads appearing from time to time raise good points to revisit and are usually resurrected by newer members. Sometimes for those who have been here for a time it can be painful to see posts authored by our fallen friends, but on the other hand it brings them to the forefront of our minds where we can fondly remember them. In a way it honors our fallen and unites us all together in this journey, old members and new.

Of course, Pink, it does challenge our "chemo brains!" Now do not laugh, please, but can I just tell you how I watch shows that apparently, according to my incredulous husband, I have watched three, perhaps four, times before. I tell him it is all new to me, or mostly new, with a few vague deja vu moments. He does acknowledge that it must be nice in a "sick sort of way" to be so forgetful. I tell him it makes life a true mystery and a surprise a minute! Right now I am watching last year's Christmas Dr. Who special (gotta LOVE the Doctor!). Cannot remember one blasted thing about it! How cool is that? Whoops, gotta go Matt Smith just tumbled out of the best fireplace.....

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote